Top 15 records of the year:
- Dr. Manhattan - Jam Dreams
- Elvis Costello - Secret, Profane & Sugarcane
- Manchester Orchestra - Mean Everything To Nothing
- David Bazan - Curse Your Branches
- John Mayer - Battle Studies
- Gavin Castleton - Home
- Monsters of Folk - Monsters of Folk
- Wilco - Wilco (The Album)
- fun. - Aim & Ignite
- Them Crooked Vultures - Them Crooked Vultures
- Arctic Monkeys - Humbug
- Mayer Hawthorne - A Strange Arrangement
- Blakroc - Blakroc
- Andrew Bird - Noble Beast
- The Avett Brothers - I and Love and You
Top 20 songs of the year:
- Ben Kweller - "Fight"
- Animal Collective - "My Girls"
- Grizzly Bear - "Two Weeks"
- Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys - "Empire State of Mind"
- Mandy Moore - "I Could Break Your Heart Any Day Of The Week"
- Dr. Manhattan - "Misses Steward"
- David Bazan - "Bless This Mess"
- Matt & Kim - "Daylight"
- Monsters of Folk - "Baby Boomer"
- Elvis Costello - "The Crooked Line"
- St. Vincent - "Marrow"
- Green Day - "East Jesus Nowhere"
- White Rabbits - "Percussion Gun"
- Manchester Orchestra - "I've Got Friends"
- Wilco - "Wilco (The Song)"
- The Matches - "It's My Day"
- Metric - "Help, I'm Alive"
- Arctic Monkeys - "Pretty Visitors"
- Brendan Benson - "A Whole Lot Better"
- Sleigh Bells - "Crown on The Ground"
Best Debut Record of 2009:
Mayer Hawthorne's A Strange Arrangement due to it being a true debut. Acts like Monsters of Folk and Them Crooked Vultures may have had better records but their members have had their hands dirty in the recording industry for a while.
Biggest Disappointment of 2009:
- Mat Kearney - City of Black & White
What's that Mat Kearney? You've stopping doing the one thing that makes you unique? and instead you're going to put out generic bullshit that is done poorly?? Well I never!
Best Discovery of 2009 that wasn't released in 2009:
- Television - Marquee Moon
Blows my mind these guys are products of the Mid to Late 70's. Unreal.